Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Take Our Groundhog Quiz

How much do you really know about the wild creature we celebrate today? Take our quiz and find out!

There's a printable pdf version of our Groundhog Quiz posted in our online Kids Corner. You can also find a Groundhog Fact Sheet with all the information you need to verify or correct your answers!



1. In addition to groundhog, I’m also known as a_____________.

a. Giant Squirrel
b. Woodchuck
c. Beaver
d. Prairie Dog

2. One of my nicknames is _______________.
a. The Whistle Pig
b. The Digger Hog
c. The Weather Watcher
d. The Wonder Rat

3. I’m related to________________.
a. Squirrels
b. Mice
c. Beavers
d. Porcupines
e. All of the above
f. None of the above

4. Based on what I eat, I am a_______________.
a. an herbivore
b. a carnivore
c. an omnivore

5. I fall fast asleep all winter, which means I go into________________.
a. extinction
b. insomnia
c. hibernation
d. hypnosis

6. True or False: I like to climb trees!

7. True or False: I can predict the weather.

8. True or False: I live in a nest.

9. True or False: My home has many rooms.

10. True or False: I have my own holiday.

Happy Groundhog Day! (OK, that last question is a gimme.)

No comments: